Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peace

Wow. My house is so quiet right now. It's such a lovely, gloomy day. I'm sitting on the couch under a warm blanket drinking coffee with my cat curled up next to me. I can hear some birds chirping outside and the quiet hum of the baby monitor and occasional sigh from Noah. My sweet boy is peacefully sleeping and has been doing so for over an hour.

I just finished my quiet time and was reminded to "stop trying to work things out...a life lived close to Christ is not complicated or cluttered...Though the world around [me] is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace." What an awesome reminder. John 16:33 is one of my all time favorite verses: "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." I just picture my Savior, my Prince, as a hero on a white horse. He has valiantly overcome the world! Life may get crazy at times. He clearly states that we WILL have tribulation. It doesn't say maybe you will have some hard times...maybe things will get rough...maybe you will get stressed. No...we WILL have tribulation...not just problems, but tribulation. That word is just scary. But, we can have peace in spite of the tribulations because he has already conquered the world. In Isaiah we are also told that if we trust in Him, He will keep us in His perfect peace. Isaiah 26:3 "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." 

My prayer for you (and for me!) today is that we might all keep our minds on Him today and be blessed and comforted with His perfect peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment