Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On a Tilt-a-Whirl

That's what I feel like...that I'm spinning around on a tilt-a-whirl. I woke up to feed Noah about 5 a.m. and was so, so dizzy. I'm all about self diagnosis, so I got to work looking up symptoms while he was eating. I determined that I must have an ear infection. Then, with some help from Brian, I made it back to bed. While lying there attempting to go back to sleep, my head started to feel like it was going to explode. I then decided I must have a sinus infection. Or a migraine. I've never had an ear infection (that I remember), a sinus infection, or a migraine, so I really didn't know what I had or what to expect. I just knew that if I moved, the whole room would begin spinning, so I attempted to get comfortable with as little movement as possible. I did finally fall back asleep for a bit, and woke up still dizzy.

Brian and I decided I should go to an urgent care clinic. However, I was scared to drive because of the dizziness. So, we loaded up Noah and headed to the clinic. I was in and out fairly quick, diagnosed with a sinus infection, and prescribed an antibiotic. Brian stayed home from work to help me take care of Noah, who decided this afternoon that a nap was not at all what he wanted to do. Fun times. After an unpleasant sinus rinse, my congestion was gone, but I've had a headache and dizziness for the rest of the day. It's been a fuzzy day. The good part about it all is that my mom and sister, who were not going to come visit until tomorrow afternoon, decided to leave tonight to help out with Noah tomorrow so Brian could go back to work. So excited to see them earlier than planned!

On a completely un-related note, our kitty Cooper had to go to the groomer today to have some matted fur shaved off. Poor guy...he's now living with a bare tummy.

I now have a sleeping baby who is snuggling with his new elephant blankie and just looks so precious. I'm laying on the couch waiting for my mom and sister to arrive, and am getting ready to have ice cream provided by my wonderful husband (because you always need ice cream when you are sick!). So I guess I can deal with the dizziness and the headaches...for a bit longer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment