Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 2

Today I'm thankful for unexpected breaks. Wednesday is a hectic day for me. I start teaching slightly earlier than I do the rest of the week, so I have a little less time after putting Noah in bed for his afternoon nap to get ready for lessons than I do on other days. I teach from 3:00 - 6:15 and have to be at church for choir at 6:30. So, I basically have 15 minutes to turn off lights, lock the house, get Noah in his car seat, drive to the church, drop Noah off in the nursery, and get to the worship center. Then I don't get home until around 8:45 or 9:00. I posted yesterday about being thankful for my students and my occupation as a piano teacher. I absolutely love seeing each of my students every week. However, I will admit that it is a little nice when someone cancels a lesson for the week (although I do miss seing the student!). I felt especially frantic today, and I had a parent call to cancel a lesson this afternoon. It was a much needed break! For the first time all day, I was able to just relax until my next lesson came. Noah was with his babysitter, and I had some quiet, alone time. What a sweet little gift from God! So, today I'm especially thankful for getting a little (and much needed!) unexpected break in my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment