Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 7

I missed yesterday too. That wasn't on purpose. That's because it was a busy day. I typically write posts after I put Noah in bed, but as soon as I put him in bed last night at 8:00 I got to work on making sugar cookies for my sister's art show this weekend. I worked on that until I put my tired self to bed at 10:15. I have an unexpected break today and thought I might use it to get caught up on some writing. My break will end in approximately 6 minutes, so I have to write fast! 

Making sugar cookies made me think about how thankful I am for my Grandma. I am so thankful for all the grandparents in my life, and I am blessed to have grown up with 2 sets of grandparents as well as a couple of great-grandparents. I know many people lose grandparents at a young age, so I know how fortunate I am to have had so much "grandparent love!" Back to Grandma and sugar cookies...I use her recipe and making sugar cookies has become one of my favorite things to do, especially around the holidays. I appreciate her putting up with every time I call and ask for a reminder on a recipe she has given me or ask for help in figuring out how to make things. I grew up baking with both Mom and Grandma, and I love it. So, I'm thankful for Grandma and her sugar cookies and love of baking (and lots of other things about her, but, I'm down to one minute so I better wrap it up!) 

(Man...all this talk about sugar cookies makes me wish I hadn't put them all in the freezer last night! One sounds pretty good right now with my afternoon cup of decaf!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment