Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 8

Getting back on track and all caught up...

Today I'm thankful especially for grace. I very much had a frantic morning and ended up not going to a meeting I was supposed to attend. I felt like I was failing at all I was supposed to do. It's tough to run a household, take care of a one year old, manage my own business, and actually work at/for that business teaching lessons. It's especially tough considering I typically have an hour and a half in the mornings and then maybe 30 minutes in the afternoons during nap time to get everything accomplished I have to have done. Now, I'm not saying I never get anything accomplished when the little man is awake and around, but I never know when he will have the type of day where he will happily play independently or where he needs me to hold him every minute. So, it's just best to get it all done during nap time. Today, it seems like I hardly completed anything. It was, as one of my students would say, a "major failure." After awhile, I kind of got over my sense of failure and thought about how nice it was that really, I am the only one who expects me to be perfect. I'm thankful for the grace and mercy of my Heavenly Father who loves me the way I am and for who I am. I am thankful that my husband is easy going and doesn't complain about eating leftovers or sandwiches (again!) if I don't get something made for lunch. He understands there's a lot going on in the house during the day, and some days, not everything happens that is supposed to! My sweet little man just wants me there. He doesn't care how I look or what I have been able to accomplish or even if I've showered or not! He just wants me near by to talk to and play with him. I'm thankful we are not called to be perfect and are accepted just as we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment